Monday, December 17, 2012

School Safety

Anytime something as heinous as what transpired on Friday occurs it causes us all to question things.  I am sure most parents like myself questioned the safety and security of our own schools.  Every school including our own district in Rugby will be reviewing emergency plans yet again.  Our number one goal is to ensure the safety of all students.  However, we need to find a balance.  We are not a prison system and we want to continue to be welcoming and available to parents.

Questions that I have continued to ask myself over the weekend are: 

Do we need to further secure our buildings?  

Are our students and staff trained well enough for lockdown procedures?

It is extremely sad that we have to have these types of plans in place for our children.  Our mission is clear we are committed to keeping children safe.  We will continue to create a caring and nurturing climate in our schools.  This I can assure you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment