Thursday, July 2, 2015

Does wealth bring happiness?



The past month has been a whirlwind.  I had the opportunity to spend 9 days traveling through the country of Peru with 30 of our students.  It was a wonderful experience and the kids were great! It was eye opening and something I will never forget.  I am grateful for this opportunity.

As we traveled from Lima to the highlands within Peru I began to wonder about the overall happiness of the Peruvian people.  Does wealth bring happiness? I think we often judge happiness in America by the amount of material wealth a person has obtained.  I personally know some very unhappy people that have an overabundance of material wealth.  The level of poverty is extreme in many areas within the country of Peru, but the people seemed very happy. I felt comfortable and very safe throughout our journey.  This experience has made me appreciate our way of life and it has broadened my thinking.

If you are interested in reading about our journey you can check out Mr. Leier's Blog or view my Instragram pictures.




No comments:

Post a Comment